HALO #RockME Green Growth Digital Administrator
HALO Accelerator & Sustainability Hub
Closing Date 10th June 2022, Full Time, Salary D.O.E
We are excited to be adding this new and exciting role to our dynamic team.
Do you have that pioneering spirit to trail blazer and flourish in your role? Looking to add creativity and your own flare? You will have worked closely with customers and clients alike, looking to improve business connections between both. The HALO#Rockme Trading Floor sponsored by Barclays Eagle Lab, is based on the top floor of the newly opened HALO Enterprise & Innovation Centre, Kilmarnock Scotland.
The HALO#Rockme Trading Floor sponsored by Barclays Eagle Lab, is based on the top floor of the newly opened HALO Enterprise & Innovation Centre, Kilmarnock Scotland. The new world class low carbon facility is at the forefront of sustainability and sponsored by Scottish Power. The HALO provides various workspaces solutions within a thriving community to grow, scale, co-create and develop entrepreneurs and businesses with the help of our blue-chip commercial and world-renowned academic partners. The successful candidate will be joining a small team and dynamic team working with innovative small and medium sized businesses in the field of sustainability. The Accelerator and Sustainability Hub is part funded by Scottish Power and a Digital Administrator is required to support the Green Growth Accelerator Manager with the administrative aspects of managing the day-to-day operation and growing the Hub and SME businesses located at the Hub. The Digital Administrator will be responsible for all administration in relation to the partnership activity including grant documentation, obtaining funding through new commercial and public sector partnerships, reporting, audit compliance, internal liaison, administration, on boarding of new business and event planning.
About the HALO
The HALO Enterprise and Innovation Centre opened in January 2022 and is set within the former Johnnie Walker bottling plant, a 23-acre industrial site in Kilmarnock town centre. The site is being redeveloped under the heading Live, Work, Learn, Play. It will be the first net zero carbon sustainable community in Scotland and the UK, delivering up to 13oo jobs and 200M GDP to Scotland’s economy.
The Centre will be: –
• An ambitious, innovative, and inspiring environment for entrepreneurs, creating and developing business initiatives, particularly in new energy technologies in Health, Energy & Cyber.
• A unique knowledge-sharing environment inspiring people of all ages to expand their knowledge and practical skills for living and working in tomorrow’s digital world.
• A secure environment for developing and testing futuristic products and services with like-minded innovators and entrepreneurs.
• A show-case learning environment for the latest in digital and cyber technologies and tools. The HEIC is a flexible, secure, multi-purpose property, built to the highest environmental BREEAM Excellent standards, and designed and equipped for the digital age. It will be part of a national and international network of Government and industry-inspired innovation hubs leading Scotland in digital knowledge and resilience.
The intention is to
• Produce a continuous supply of skilled, employment-ready young people to sharpen the technical and commercial competitive edges of businesses, especially in the financial and energy sector.
• Provide flexible, affordable workspace in an inspiring environment for entrepreneurs with spin-out, start-up and step-up businesses set within 15,500sq ft HALO #Rockme trading floor. Providing access to mentors, funding, and free professional advice for growing companies.
• Provide over two floors the 35,000sqft trading floor for companies based in financial services, energy and health sectors specialising in Digital and Cyber infrastructures. Providing digital and cyber employment opportunities.
• Provide a HALO sustainable building powered by 150 solar panels, Battery storage using 100%renewalble energy. All data will be monitored by Scottish Power the HALO Platinum partner assisting with their future innovation.
• Provide the HALO Sustainable VR Cafe where local produce will be sourced, and local providers create a new model on sustainable food production and monitor carbon footprint
• VR arcade, built around gaming and health, energy sectors leading to employment opportunities.
• HALO smart homes will use electric low carbon heat pumps as will the HALO light manufacturing and live work units. These units’ energy and technology provision will be monitored from the HEIC data centre with the outcomes used to assist with future sustainable products.
• HALO Car club includes the HALO transport system with electric bus, fleet of 12 cars and 12 bikes. Use is free to HALO tenants.
• Create and sustain leading-edge learning facilities, explore, and promote new approaches to learning and raise aspirations of those who will be tomorrow’s workforce.
About the HALO Green Accelerator Hub
This HALO Sustainability Leadership facility will assist entrepreneurs and SME’s by supporting the development of new ideas and innovations that will create and influence the new Tomorrows World built around Net Zero solutions. Developing leadership and solutions for a sustainable economy our rewiring of the economy will focus on collaboration between business, government, and finance institutions to deliver positive outcomes for people, communities in pursuit of the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SGD’s).
This role will undertake a wide range of support functions, including:
• ensuring that the HALO’s website, is functioning well, up to date with respect to software, usability and legal compliance, optimised for search engines, and fit for purpose. provide that crucial liaison between the HALO and Third-party suppliers, primarily our web development agency
• provide administrative support in respect of management of the G-Suite tools used by the HALO
• support the process of web integration with a CRM, particularly in respect of Mailchimp
• oversee IT security in respect of password management • undertake a role in Social Media communications and
• provide web-related advice and support to the Team as appropriate and as time allows
• developing ways of generating income from the website. This role reports to the Green Growth Accelerator Manager but will
This role reports to the Green Growth Accelerator Manager but will work closely with the whole team, and particularly the Enterprise Manager and Marketing Assistant . This role requires diligence, detail and exceptional organisational skills. We are looking for someone with a calm and friendly working style, with patience and commitment to ensuring that the IT behind the HALO helps supports all of its objects. The Digital Administrator will embody the vision, values and ethos of the HALO.
• Management of HALO-Projects in relation to WordPress – uploading and formatting of content, maintenance of image gallery, updates and general admin
• Working with the Comms & PR team to agree content and making it web-ready
• Undertake SEO, link building and any other web-optimisation
• Liaison with Web provider and assist in HALO App design
• AdWords management and close working with team members to optimise our value from AdWords. Oversight of other PPC campaigns where possible.
• Web domain maintenance and management.
• Advice on new IT and Web developments
• Oversight of the implementation of new or revised modules within the website
• Administrative support in respect of management of G-Suite tools used by the HALO
• Social Media interoperability
• Research and implement ways of generating income from the website
• Oversight of the E-commerce functions
• Maintain an updated IT security policy, particularly in respect of password management, and provide guidance to the HALO
• Researching social media influencers (as time allows)
• Managing Twitter lists
• Integration of Mail Chimp with the website and CRM
• Support on any other web / CRM integration issues
• Google Analytics analysis, goal setting, regular reports and recommendations
• Maintain knowledge of the HALO and the key areas of our work
• Undertake other tasks within the scope of the role at the request of the Team and when agreed by the Chief Executive Personal development – With line manager, prepare and implement a personal development plan, pursuing appropriate training and learning activities as part of an agreed plan. – Participate in appraisals and performance management meetings with line manager, proactively preparing and shaping review of own performance – Contribute to team development activities where time allows and when appropriate.
This is a specific role but one that can bring so much to the organisation, so we are seeking someone with the relevant skills and experience, and flair, creativity, passion for the HALO and a drive to succeed. High professional standards, common sense and confidence are essential qualities for this role, as is a cheerful and flexible approach to work. Experience Essential Desirable
• Experience of Website management
• Experience of using email marketing tools and executing mass e-mailouts
• Experience of using WordPress.org
• Experience of liaising with Web development companies
• Experience of using a CRM system
• Experience of working as part of a team
• Experience of managing E-Commerce modules
• Experience of using social media and online web tools in a professional context
• Experience of writing significant content for a website
• Experience of working in an environment organisation
• Strong knowledge of WordPress functionality and potential
• Knowledge and understanding of SEO and other optimisation tools
• Knowledge and understanding of google analytics and WordPress research tools
• Knowledge and experience of using AdWords
• Knowledge of a range of social media tools and their potential for communication
• Knowledge of the Google Suite of tools and GSuite administration
Skills Excellent IT skills, in particular MS Office, databases, online tools
• Excellent website planning and development skills
• Excellent personal communication skills
• Good written skills, able to write clearly, accurately and professionally for web content
• Excellent organisational and time management skills
• Ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines
• Ability to think critically and apply judgement
• Database use and management, including CRMs
• Personal Qualities Ability to get things done efficiently, effectively and within a deadline
• High degree of integrity and credibility
• Extremely well-organised and able to determine and manage priorities
• Confident and able to work effectively with people at all levels
• Commitment to diversity and inclusion
• Committed to personal learning and improvement
• Capacity for innovative and creative thinking
• An eye for detail and high professional standards
• A demonstrated interest in sustainability and commitment to values the underpins HALO’s work.
• Ability to think strategically and anticipate developments to avoid and mitigate problems, being agile whenever necessary to deliver the required outcomes
• Good analytical skills
• Experience of line managing junior staff
For more information on this role, please send your CV and brief statement on why this role has your name all over it to: firstname.lastname@example.org
|Job Category||Halo #RockMe|